Lesson 623: Daniel Chapter 12
"Michael the Great Prince Stands for Us!"
^Click the Start arrow on the player above to listen to this Bible Study
DANIEL CHAPTER 12
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. 5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river. 6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? 7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. 11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. 13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.
Lesson No. 623 "Michael the Great Prince Stands for Us!"
Book of Daniel, Chapter 12 06/19/2022
1) Verse 1 tells us at what time this 'time of trouble' shall be; when is that? (Hint- start with 11:45) Who ‘stands for us’ and why?
2) What is verse 2 talking about? Who is in the 'dust'? What happens to them? (Hint- verses 2 and 3) Recall what Paul told the churches.
3) Daniel was told to shut up the book because this prophesy was for our time, the end times. What does verse 4 say about people and knowledge during this time that may be a clue about when this happens?
4) It seems that we are not the only ones concerned about 'when' all this will take place. One angel asks another this question in verse 6, what is the answer and what does this all mean? (Hint- verse 7)
5) Daniel then says he does not understand and asks when this will all happen. What do they say to him? (Hint- verse 9)
6) The angel then goes on to talk more about this event; what is the main thing that happens? (Hint- verse 10)
7) The time clock starts for the seven-year tribulation period when? (Hint- verse 11)
8) Verse 12 says blessed is he that waiteth the 3 1/2 years....what could this mean?
9) What is the final command given to Daniel by the angels in verse 13? Do you think it applies to us too?
10) What did the first six chapters of Daniel teach us? How about the last six chapters? Which is more important?