Lesson 618: Daniel Chapter 7
"The Saints Win! (not the New Orleans Saints)"
^Click the Start arrow on the player above to listen to this Bible Study
DANIEL CHAPTER 7
1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters. 2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. 4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it. 5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. 6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it. 7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. 8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. 9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. 10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. 11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. 12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. 13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. 15 I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me. 16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things. 17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth. 18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever. 19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet; 20 and of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows. 21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 22 until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. 23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. 25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. 26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. 27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him. 28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.
Lesson No. 618 "The Saints Win! (not the New Orleans Saints)"
Book of Daniel, Chapter 7 05/15/2022
1) Why did the dreams and visions 'trouble Daniel'? When did he have the dreams and who did he tell?
2) What do the four beasts that came from sea mean? Verse 4-Lion, verse 5- Bear, verse 6-Leopard, and verse 7- Terrible iron teeth with ten horns.
3) The last beast also had a little horn with eyes- what/who is this? (verse 8) What happened to the 'thrones' (verse 9) and who is the Ancient of days? Thousands who worshiped (verse 10) and the books- what is this?
4) Perhaps verse 13 is like Jesus coming before the Father accepting his mission to save a dead and dying world? What does verse 14 sound like?
5) Daniel was grieved, didn't know what it meant, so who told him the interpretation? Is this any different than Daniel interpreting any other dream? (Hint- verse 16) So what was the interpretation by the angel? Verses 17-18.
6) If verse 21 is true, the little horn with eyes and a mouth is the Antichrist and we are the saints, is this troubling to us? What about verse 22?
7) Verse 25 tells us exactly what the Antichrist is going to do in the tribulation period; what is it?
8) We know some things about the 'end times', but God in His infinite mercy in verse 27 tells us all we need to know; what is it?
9) So how does the dreams and interpretation there of mesh with what we know from the book of Revelation? Should we be concerned if the messages are not exactly the same?
10) Verse 28 leaves Daniel quite sober; what does it do for us? We have the revealed mind of God before us! Jesus told us he has already told us all that we can know and handle at this time.
Feel free to email Chuck with any questions or comments about this Bible study: firstname.lastname@example.org
To download this Bible study to listen to off-line, right click the following links and select "Save target as" (or "Save link as") and navigate to where you would like to save them on your computer.